The life expectancy of prisoners on The Wheel is just two years, but with dirty, violent, and chaotic conditions, the time seems a lot longer as Alenna is forced to deal with civil wars for land ownership and machines that snatch kids out of their makeshift homes. Desperate, she and the other prisoners concoct a potentially fatal plan to flee the island. Survival may seem impossible, but Alenna is determined to achieve it anyway.
I was so excited for this book, but could not find it at B&N, so when my local library had it, I was thrilled. I got through 50 pages before I threw the book at the wall, it was so awful.
The writing bothered me. Lisa told, she didn't show. Alenna was annoying and a brat. The summary of this book was the best part. The whole groups would have been so much cooler if there were more than two. This dystopia novel was not set into the future far enough. And there was the whole insta-love thing. where Alenna had her priorities messed up. '"Oh my God, the world is ending" Alenna turns "Liam is SO hot"' (i don't think that is a real scene, but who knows?) and what a moody and bitchy friend (Gadya) to go along with a girl who only has her looks going for her, named Alenna.
Don't read this. It says it is the next Hunger Games? it lied. THG are amazing. This? not so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment